Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back

Two positives: yesterday Dr. Liu cancelled one of Todd's three weekly IV fluid infusions, as she said his creatinine level was good. We will see what that means for next week. And, he actually was feeling hungry!

Unfortunately he came down with thrush last night, which made it more difficult to swallow. He stopped at 4 Ensures (he had 5 the day before). I visited my friendly Kaiser pharmacy for the meds this morning after I dropped off the boy carpool and delivered something to Carolyn at Las Lomas. Luckily the high school is just across the street from the hospital.
Hopefully the thrush will respond quickly to treatment as he doesn't need anything else to make his mouth sore. He had a rough night last night, with a lot of coughing and night noises that kept me up for parts as well. We will both need a nap today before the kids bring all their energy home. I'm dragging!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that Todd is feeling better by now. Those meds should do the trick. 4-5 Ensures is great-remembering that for a while the goal is to NOT lose weight, just maintain weight.

    You are all amazing and I feel your strength and love for each other. Best wishes -
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete