Saturday, February 21, 2009

Monday Nov. 24, 2008 -- At my appointment with Dr. Reza Saveh, my GP, he reviewed all 6 or 7 possibilities from a low grade bacterial infection to a variety of benign cysts to lymphoma to squamous cell carcinoma. Hoping for the best, we decided to see if it was a bacterial infection before scheduling a biopsy. The biopsy didn’t sound too enjoyable. The mention of 2 different types of cancer was a scary possibility that faded after I left the doctor’s office but it never really went away completely. I started taking amoxicillin for 2 weeks, celebrated Thanksgiving, and went back to Rotterdam for another week of meetings. Meanwhile, I did some on-line research on lymphoma. Since the lymph node wasn’t tender and the skin wasn’t reddened, a bacterial infection was unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment