Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tuesday Jan 27, 2009 -- This was to be my decision day. I had an 11:15 appointment with Dr. Fong, a 2:00 consultation appointment with Dr. Dubey, the UCSF medical oncologist, and a 3:30 appointment with Dr. Yom, Glen's UCSF radiation oncologist with the impressive bio.

Dr Fong reassured me that there was no noticeable change in either tumor and we talked about the pros and cons of starting with surgery or starting with chemorad.

Dr. Debuy recommended starting with chemorad and joining a clinical trial being run at UCSF (the same trial Glen was in).

Dr. Yom was as advertised; she came across as very competent, very informed on the latest results and their implications for my case. Bonnie and I were really impressed. Dr. Yom also recommended starting with chemorad and the clinical trial. We had a long list of questions and the conversation went on from there. We never felt rushed. In fact, we talked for over two hours. But I couldn’t make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment